Top tips for Eczema and sensitive skin.
We all know how distressing Eczema and other skin irritations are. First up, these can often be stress related, so try some of your favourite stress busters. Take a walk in the countryside, relax and laugh with a good friend, take a relaxing bath, breathe slowly and deeply. Stress is not always over big things – it can be something mundane that just gets you uptight. Learn to recognise it, then acknowledge it then deal with it.
Also, take a careful look at all the external things that could be irritating your skin.
- Washing powder – do you use a non-bio ecological one? Make sure you do. Biological ones contain enzymes that can irritate the skin.
- Shampoo, cleansers, deodorants, soaps. When you bath or shower this obviously goes all over the body – even though you rinse it off afterwards it has time to irritate. Once again make sure you are using natural and organic products in all these areas. Make sure they do not contain synthetic fragrances too. Keep the shower temperature slightly on the cool side too.
- Changes in humidity and temperature can also cause flare-ups. Obviously you can’t change the weather, but try to keep your home fairly constant, you don’t want to get too hot or too cool.
- Sweating can also cause flair up – so shower as soon as possible after a work-out.
- Wear clothes with natural fibres like cotton that don’t irritate the skin.
- Use cooling and healing skin care.
Beyond Organic Skincare has a range of products that are utterly fabulous for sensitive skin. Whether you’re battling Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis, red, blotchy or dry skin, or just react badly to certain products, we have natural or organic creams, salves and balms that have been developed specifically with sensitive skin in mind. We pride ourselves on being gentle, effective and kind to skin. Here are our top 5 picks:
- First up is our Organic Rescue Salve. A handbag must have for anyone with delicate or sensitive skin. We’ve used special herbal extracts that work to heal and soothe the skin and sea buckthorn to help skin cells regenerate. This little pot of wonder is proven to help with; eczema, psoriasis, spots, burns, bites and dermatitis.
- Our Organic Moisturising Day Cream is suitable for all skin types and protects all day long. The special crystal structure locks in moisture. Also with 5 vitamins, botanicals, omegas and minerals, all of which help balance, restore and protect the skin.
- Our E-Natural Emollient Cream is our natural multi-functional emollient cream that can be used to help soothe skin irritations, dry skin and more. Even suitable for babies and children. Contains Sunflower Oil and Chamomile Extract to calm and relieve.
- Our Natural Soothing Gel is the perfect answer to irritated skin. Aloe Vera and Calendula are amongst the secret weapons in this and help protect and soothe.
- Natural Calming Toner includes calming Rose and toning cucumber. Very refreshing and is suitable for even the most sensitive skin. Helps to purify and refine skin texture and has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
You can find all our recommended products for sensitive skin here: